Sunday, July 19, 2015

Christopolis A/G, Brewerville, Liberia

I had the privilege of preaching the Mother's Day service at Christopolis A/G on July 19, 2015.

A first for me - I was "flowered". Congregants gave money for flowers and pinned them to my clothing. This is done here as a fundraiser. The ladies are trying to raise the money to plaster the inside of their new church building.
This is Pastor Jimmy Kuoh and his wife, Christina. 

I was letting my hair grow out a bit, but after the first trip in the heat and humidity, I went back to my regular cut.  I can only imagine what my hair would have looked like had I not cut it. (Reference to the wet hair on my neckline)
The women also sold a cake to the gender giving the most money in a special offering. Ladies worldwide have used creative means to raise money for their church projects.
A photo with the mothers and women after service. 
What a great day we had! 

No comments: