Sunday, September 14, 2008

Would You Eat This?

I know that we all have different preferences in food choices.  Gaylord likes salty foods; whereas, I like sweets.  As missionaries who travel the globe, we have the privilege of tasting items that we would NEVER have opportunity to sample otherwise.  Thought you might like to consider what food choices you would make when given the chance.
100_1463 [1024x768]
  100_4276 [Desktop Resolution]
100_8983 [1024x768]
The round orange object is actually a fruit with a very hard shell.  It goes by different names in various parts of Africa, but it is very tasty.  Though it looks like a brain, it tastes like banana, peach, and orange combined.  The plate of snacks is mopane worms, and the gentlemen are holding boiled mice-on-a-stick.  The mopane worms don't taste bad, but I didn't like the gritty sand texture.  What can I say about mouse meat?  It tastes like dark-meated chicken.  Yes, I have tasted all three, though Gaylord cannot say the same.  He is much more a meat-and-potatoes man!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Fredna. I'm also on blogspot, so now that I've read yours, you have to read mine!
http://janetandchuck.blogspot.com

Debbie Mann said...

I've had Mophane worms and would definately choose that out of all three of those!! You are so adventureous!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe even you ate the mouse. Gross