Sunday, September 14, 2008

Canaan Watson Kamwana

Last year when our daughter Shelby visited us in Namibia, she was given the honor of naming a baby boy of one of our Bible school students.  She was instructed to select a name and give the significance of that name.  She chose "Canaan" with the explanation that it denoted the name of the land that God promised His children.  Though they struggled and had difficulties, "Canaan" represented their assured provision and promise from God.
Last week I was given the same honor when the newest  member in our neighborhood arrived.  His dad, Watson, works for us.  When this little guy entered the world weighing 5 kg (11 pounds), his parents told me that I could give him his name.  I thought long and hard but felt that the name "Canaan" would, again, be a good choice.  So I present to you Canaan Watson Kamwana.  May he, indeed, live a life filled with provision and promise from God.
Canaan Watson Kamwana
100_1628 [1024x768]
Watson, Ruth, and Canaan
100_1627 [1024x768]  
Me and My New Little Friend
      100_1632 [1024x768]

No comments: