Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Christmas in October

No,we are not actually celebrating Christmas in October.  Not with trees and trimmings anyway.  I have just been a bit homesick the past few days, and listening to Christmas music makes me feel warm inside.  It is true that it makes me miss my family and friends even more, on the one hand.  But it surrounds me with comfort on the other.
What better way to celebrate our Lord than through Christmas music?  What better way to cherish hearth and home than through Christmas music?  What better way to feel like a child again than through Christmas music?  What better way to re-connect with wonder and surprise than through Christmas music?   The experience is almost complete when you light a pecan sandy Trimmings candle.
       100_7200
So here's a tree for those of you who are actually getting to enjoy fall weather and Friday night football games and candy corn and upcoming trick-or-treaters and Thanksgiving.  On this side I will simulate the feelings of Christmas before the temperatures climb any higher and summer overtakes us completely.
Let me be the first to say, "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"

No comments: