Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reasons to Give Thanks

I have many reasons to give thanks his holiday season.

  • * I am so blessed to be redeemed from spiritual death to life by an awesome creator.
  • * That same creator considers me worthy and reliable to share His message of redemption to others.
  • * My husband never ceases to amaze me, and I love him more now than I did 28 years ago.
  • * My three beautiful children, who are intelligent and witty and adventurous and who love God and strive to please Him, have brought me more joy and capacity to love than I ever felt capable of.
  • * My family provided a rich spiritual heritage and continue to share their love and support.
  • * Friends and family from far and near have added dimensions to my understanding and my ability to relate that I never imagined possible.
  • * The difficult and dark times in my life have not consumed nor embittered me but have demonstrated that the faith I strive to have is real and reliable.
  • * My life will be forever changed by the opportunity I have had to travel and live in other parts of the world through this exciting adventure we call missions.
  • * Age and longevity run in my family, so I may be able to enjoy these blessings for years to come.

Thank you, God, for all of the reasons I have to give thanks today.

No comments: