Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It IS About Me

As we were moving about town one afternoon, and I was endeavoring to adjust to the heat and humidity and the challenges of living in a difficult place, I silently reminded myself, "This is not about you." 

Almost immediately, I sensed the Holy Spirit speak to me and say, "But it IS about you. It may not be about your comfort or convenience, but it is about challenging you, teaching you, and stretching you."  2 Corinthians 12:9 recounts the words to the apostle Paul that God's grace was sufficient for him in his challenges and that His strength was made perfect in Paul's weakness.  May I resolve as Paul that when I am weak, I am strong through Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me enough to push me from comfort of self to conformity to Christ.

No comments: